Du kanske gillar
Beginning 3D Game Development with Unity 4: All-in-one, multi-platform game development
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
This book introduces key game production concepts in an artist-friendly way, and rapidly teaches the basic scripting skills you'll need with Unity. It goes on to show how you, as an independent game artist, can create interactive games, ideal in scope for today's casual and mobile markets, while also giving you a firm foundation in game logic and design.
- The first part of the book explains the logic involved in game interaction, and soon has you creating game assets through simple examples that you can build upon and gradually expand.
- In the second part, you'll build the foundations of a point-and-click style first-person adventure gameincluding reusable state management scripts, dialogue trees for character interaction, load/save functionality, a robust inventory system, and a bonus feature: a dynamically configured maze and mini-map.
- With the help of the provided 2D and 3D content, you'll learn to evaluate and deal with challenges in bite-sized pieces as the project progresses, gaining valuable problem-solving skills in interactive design.
What youll learn
- How to build interactive games that work on a variety of platforms
- Take the tour around Unity user interface fundamentals, scripting and more
- Create a test environment and gain control over functionality, cursor control, action objects, state management, object metadata, message text and more
- What is inventory logic and how to manage it
- How to handle 3D object visibility, effects and other special cases
- How to handle variety of menus and levels in your games development
- How to handle characters, scrollers, and more How to create or integratea story/walkthrough
- How to use the new Mecanim animation
Who this book is forStudents or artists familiar with tools such as 3ds Max or Maya who want to create games for mobile platforms, computers, or consoles, but with little or no experience in scripting or the logic behind games development.
Table of Contents01. Introduction to Game Development
02. Unity UI basics
03. Introduction to Scripting
Fler böcker av Sue Blackman
Bloggat om Beginning 3D Game Development with Unity ...
Sue Blackman has been an instructor in the 3D field for nearly 20 years at art schools and community colleges. She has been involved with the commercial development of real-time 3D engines for more than 10 years. In the past, she has been a contributing author for New Riders Press (Max4 Magic) and written for AMC Siggraph on serious games. She has written product training materials and instruction manuals for developing content with real-time 3D applications, used by multimedia departments in Fortune 1000 companies including Boeing, Raytheon, and Lockheed Martin, among others. In addition to writing and teaching, Sue has been the lead 3D artist on several games for Activision and its subsidiaries.
01. Introduction to Game Development 02. Unity UI basics 03. Introduction to Scripting 04. Terrain Generation and Environment 05. Exploring Navigation 06. Cursor Control and Interaction 07. Importing Assets 08. Action Objects 09. Managing State 10. Exploring Transitions 11. Physics and Special Effects 12. Message Text and HUD 13. Inventory Logic 14. Managing Inventory 15. Dialogue Trees 16. Mecanim 17. Game Environment 18. Setting up the Game 19. Menus and Levels