- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- O'REILLY & ASSOCIATES
- Wright, Will
- 234 x 190 x 13 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 615 g
Du kanske gillar
Theory of Fun for Game Design 2nd Edition
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
The book discusses the impact of designing in a multidimensional landscape, where computer science, environmental design, and storytelling all play a role in creating an interactive game design. For the professional game developer to the interested young gamer, this updated edition takes you on an illustrated ride in fun and games.
- Learn why some games are fun and others are boring
- Discover how playing a game and learning are connected
- Understand why making a game too hard--or too easy--is a mistake
- Find out why games have to balance deprivation and overload, order and chaos, silence and noise
- Explore why you need to balance challenges of task mastery, pattern recognition, discovery, and time attacks
Fler böcker av Raph Koster
Bloggat om Theory of Fun for Game Design 2nd Edition
Raph Koster is a veteran game designer who has been professionally credited in almost every area of the game industry. He's been the lead designer and director of massive titles such as Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies; and he's contributed writing, art, soundtrack music, and programming to many more titles ranging from Facebook games to single-player titles for handheld consoles. He has worked as a creative executive at Sony Online and Disney Playdom, and in 2012 was honored as an Online Game Legend at the Game Developers Conference Online.